2014.10.01 Awake before 5 a.m.

Morning coffee: Starbucks Grande Bold

++

I woke up today at 4:15 a.m. by accident. I woke up with a sore throat, so instead of falling back asleep, I went to the kitchen and drank some water. Hey, why not boil some water and gargle some salt water? There was some congee sitting on the stove, so I was heating that up too. It wasn't even 5 a.m. yet!

At 5 a.m., I began my workout routine. Today is Foundation work (F7) from the gymnasticbodies program. I'm still on the first progressions, but almost done! I've been a bit slack on my handstand work due to a wrist injury, but I'm getting back into the swing of things. In fact, I was practicing some handstands the past couple days and my wrists were feeling better! Before you think handstands are a "cure-all", note that I gave it plenty of rest and had a few sessions of physio from my dad's magical hands.

++

Art of Manliness video, Take Pride in Your Pregame by Leveling Up Your Morning Routine

++

"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." --Colossians 3:2-3

How to Find Strength in the Strength of God, by John Piper

++

Today is my first speech contest at Toastmasters. Nervous excited!

++

Date night on Main St Markham - Part 1 Johnny Bistro!

Seafood Platter Melody
Pan seared tiger shrimp, basil pesto marinated scallops, and marinated calamari over a filleted roasted red pepper drizzled with olive oil and spring mix.

Chicken Souvlaki Dinner
Herb and garlic marinated chicken, charcoal grilled. Served over rice, with roast potatoes, a side Greek salad, and Johnny's homemade tzatziki.

Chicken and the Goat
Tender grilled chicken breast topped with basil pesto and crumbled goat cheese. Served with rice (or roast potatoes) and a grilled vegetable kabob.

Princess Carmelina
Beautiful Mediterranean Babe, with a sunshine for a smile and dangerously cute. Smooth with words such as "your eyes are like almonds, your nose like a pylon..."

Lava Chocolate Cake
The dessert menu was brought on a platter. The cake tasted fresh and chocolaty. Everything about this cake was perfect!

Date night on Main St Markham - Part 1 Ci Gusta Markham

Tradition (both the Ci Gusta visit and the photo taking). Don't worry, she got a picture of me taking a photo too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit