Sore ... haha!

I'm sitting at my desk about to start my work day. And wow, am I ever sore! It's not just muscle sore, but also energy/glycogen-depleted sore.

I haven't been blogging in a while, but I have been keeping fit. Here's a brief update.

Olympic Lifting

I attended the CrossFit Weightlifting course (April 26-27) and learned so much! Here are some quick highlights:

  • Head trainer was Josh Everett!!
  • Camille Leblanc-Bazinet was there too! I saw her snatch 190 lb and finish Fran shortly after in 1:59
  • My lifts feel more solid. The highlight for me was hitting a 155 lb snatch.
  • PVC pipes are tiring :)
  • I met a lot of great trainers, coaches and athletes. Blessed and grateful.

Half Marathon

This past Sunday, I joined Carmelina for her first half marathon! Carm was a bit nervous and did not think she could finish. We picked up the slowest pace band we could find (3:15 for the half marathon) and just went for it. The short story is we finished it in 3:14, together, with tears of happiness, disbelief and joy :) A great first race! It goes without saying that I'm extremely proud of her and excited as we continue to become the best we can be physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

Workouts

Monday May 5 @ 8:30 p.m.

Clean ladder
EMOM
5 sets of 6 x 95 lb
- 2 min break -
5 sets of 4 x 135 lb
- 2 min break -
5 sets of 3 x 155 lb
- 2 min break
6 sets of 1 x 185 lb
(was supposed to be sets of 2)

Tuesday May 6 @ 6 a.m.
(sore from yesterday!)

Push jerk
3 x 95 lb, 3 x 95 lb, 3 x 145 lb, 3 x 145 lb

20 min AMRAP
10 push press (95 lb)
20 deadlifts
30 alt KB swings
40 sit-ups
(2 rounds + 20 swings)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit