Disconnecting to Connect

So today, I forgot my cell phone at home. I found out only after boarding the GO train. I started to worry.

After taking a step back to think, I calmed down. When I got downtown, I went to a payphone to let Carmelina know I don't have a phone for the day. I sent an e-mail later to my supervisor. Then I started to get to work.

And wow, I just dialed in. There were several moments where I wanted to grab my phone to pass time. But then I took a breath, and just enjoyed the surroundings or explored my thoughts.

It is so easy to get distracted. Removing that distraction was freeing. I was disconnected. And for that temporary time, I felt connected. More connected to people around me. More connected to my work. And most importantly, more connected to my purpose and who I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit