WOD Thu Feb 20 @ CrossFit Markham

Last night, I had the chance to hang out with some men from my small group. We went to CrossFit Markham for a fun workout then had some wings down the street. Here's what we did last night:

Warm-up
Row 1200 m

Skill work
Chest-to-bar pull-ups

Met-con
3 rounds of
3 min AMRAP: 6 alt jumping lunges, 9 deadlifts (185#), 6 pull-ups
2 min rest
(Score: 8 rounds + 4 reps)

Here's a good article by James Clear about the lessons you can learn from a stained glass artist. He talks about making incremental changes. I love his closing paragraphs:
Of course, change isn’t easy — no matter how you do it. Slow gains are boring. They’re unsexy. Nobody writes news stories about them. But moving forward in a slow and methodical manner doesn’t mean you lack ambition, drive, or vision. The stained glass artist has a very clear vision. He knows exactly what he is working toward.
You and I can do the same. If we keep making small improvements, then pretty soon we will end up with a beautiful masterpiece on our hands instead of a bunch of fragments.
This morning, I came across a cool article on our identity and career. Two key points for me are:
  • We're not defined by our jobs. We're defined by our love.
  • We should let our identity define how we work, play, etc. We should not let our career define our identity.
I'll close with a passage I read this morning: Psalm 46. This is a powerful passage filled with assurance when times get tough or life just gets overwhelming. May it encourage you as it has encouraged me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep