WOD Fri Feb 7

I haven't really worked out since Monday. I was really sore from the heavy squats and the wall ball shots. I managed to get in this morning with Carm for the 6 a.m. This is what we did:

Strength

Overhead squats
2x5x65#, 2x5x95#, 5x115#

Met-con

For time:
10 overhead squats (OHS) @ 95#
20 pull-ups
30 OHS
40 pull-ups
30 OHS
20 pull-ups
10 OHS
(Time: 25:00)

I had to drop the weight to 85# after the first set of OHS since my joints were in pain. Pull-ups and overhead squats are definitely weaknesses of mine. Need to work on my grip and scapular strength (and just overall fitness ... gassing out too quick :p)

11:30 p.m. update:

I just got back from Day 1 of the Free Indeed conference (www.free indeed.ca) and was incredibly encouraged from my time there. When I got home, I felt an urge to just move, so I did. I rowed 2 km at a relaxed pace (~2:15/500 m) and did 3 sets of 10 push-ups and 10 squats.

I learned two things:

  • Moving is good. I need to move more often.
  • It's okay to break "rules", such as no late night workouts. I often get caught up in the rules and overanalyze, allowing these rules to become excuses. While I need to keep listening to my body, sometimes I need to just move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit