Morning Coffee: Wed Sep 25

Morning Coffee

This morning I picked up at a Tall Blonde from Starbucks. Early mornings are tough but the coffee certainly helps!

Verse of the Day (Bible Gateway)

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
-- 1 John 2:1

This verse brings me great assurance. While I try to live as God tells me, I still do battle against sin. When I fall, when I feel unworthy or inadequate, I have Jesus Christ, who stands in the gap, interceding for me.

Fitness: Body

On Monday, I had the opportunity to shadow a coach to see how things go down in the fitness world. Pretty cool I must say! I ended up working out with the group and helping coach, growing in confidence as time went on.

The feedback I received was quite helpful. It's good that I'm friendly. One of the things to work on is being more vocal. I want to be the best I can be as a coach by helping others be the best they can be.

I also ordered the manual to study for the personal training exam offerred through CPTN and doing my First Aid / CPR this weekend! I can't wait for the manual to come in so I can dive right in. In the near future, I also plan to get my CrossFit Level 1 and Oly Lifting certs. There's an Oly Lifting cert Oct 5-6, but unfortunately, it conflicts with the Act Like Men conference, which I'm even more stoked about!!

Fitness: Mind

As I said previously, I want to develop the discipline of reading daily. That ... has not been going. By the time I'm ready to read, I'm pretty beat. I'm going to make it a priority tonight.

Sharpening the mind takes intentionality. As in every other area of life, we do not stumble upon excellence. We need to persist consistently.

Fitness: Heart

God continue to work on my selfish heart. What does it mean to be selfless in my relationships?

I was also reminded about my heart at work. Am I working wholeheartedly, as working for the Lord and not for men (Colossians 3:23-24)?

Fitness: Spirit

Being fit spiritually sounds so abstract at times. For me, at this time, it means developing a fervent prayer life. And that .... requires intentionality and discipline. I see a common theme developing :)

....

Okay!! Time to get back to work!

Christ is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit