Morning Coffee: Thu Sep 26

Morning Coffee

"Medium black coffee, please?"

"Anything else, sir?"

"Um ... no. ... oh wait ... yes. Would you add a bagel with cream cheese?"

Okay, this is not exactly your power breakfast of champions. I'm trying to clean up my diet but it's hard when your body is tired. Needless to say, I certainly appreciated the coffee!

Verse of the Day (Bible Gateway)

For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
-- Hebrews 10:30-31 NIV

This passage is a warning for Christians who continue in sin. God's kindness is to lead us to repentance (Romans 2:4), to a change in heart and life direction. The journey is certainly difficult, seemingly impossible at times. But our God is greater. This truth is both convicting and encouraging to me.

Food!

So since I'm mainly by myself these days, I have been eating out, being too busy (or lazy) to go grocery shopping. Well, you'll be happy to know that I went grocery shopping yesterday! Here's what I got.

It's not totally clean. For example, the cereal and bread are certainly "violators", but they are also alternatives when I have my McDonald's or snack cravings. As these Morning Coffee posts continue, you'll see a broader (and healthier?) selection of foods -- and snack alternatives!

Below is a picture of today's lunch I made last night! It's simply steamed vegetables and chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, a bit of lemon juice, and a light coat of honey dijon BBQ sauce. Not super duper healthy, but still not too bad. Besides, who else is going to use up all those BBQ sauce bottles I have in my fridge?


Fitness: Body

It took me a while yesterday to get moving. I was planning to do interval runs but had some sharp chest pains (near the middle-right part of my lung). The pains kept coming on intermittently for an hour or so. My usual solution (drink water) didn't work as well this time. So I headed to the gym with Carmelina.

We did a light warm-up on the stationary bike, then I started feeling better. We did 6 sets of tough intervals and had some good laughs in between :) By the end of the interval session, my chest pains were all gone!

Shortly after, we drove over to a nearby church to workout. I joined them for a light partner workout after working on some snatch technique on an empty bar and with 95 lbs.

....

Okay! That's all I have time for today. I hope you all have a superfun energetic day filled with smiles :) :) :)

Soli Deo Gloria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep