Morning Coffee: Fri Sep 20

Morning Coffee

Today's cup is from Tim Hortons since Starbucks opens a bit later. I did try making my own this morning, but it ended up being too bitter, even with some almond milk as a treat.

I'm pretty tired this morning. Late nights and early mornings are a bit tough, but I'm loving it! Oh! And tomorrow will be my first dragonboat race of the year! I'm pretty excited and nervous. This also means an early morning, but it wil be fun to see old friends and teammates.

Verse of the Day (Bible Gateway)

Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.
-- Joel 2:23

Yes, rejoice indeed! It is easy for me to get caught up with material pursuits, or just caught up with .... me. Yes, I know. I'm selfish that way. But I'm working on it. God is working on it -- on me, that is.

Fitness: Body

I did not get to workout yesterday, but I did do a random ~100 m sprint in an effort to be traffic. I realized how much my capacity has dropped. I need to move steadily back up.

My most pressing need is to stay mobile and injury-free. I spend most of my day sitting. Sitting at my desk. Sitting in the car (long commutes and work trips). If I don't workout consistently, I'm spending most of my time mobilizing.

My body is getting older -- ha! I need to spend more time warming up and it's harder to get away with things now. This just means I need to be more conscious and intentional of what I do.

Fitness: Spirit

I also need to be intentional in my spiritual growth. It is easy to be complacent and lazy in my walk with God. As in any relationship, it takes work.

I was at a leaders' meeting last night. As we were talking, I realized how inadequate I am. Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel (before even entering the ring!). I wonder how Jesus felt. And how He kept on and endured. I'm amazed at the staying power of Christ on the cross.

Fitness: Heart

Being in a relationship really exposes my selfishness. Yup, I'm quite selfish. It's all about me me me me me me me me! But God calls us to look to the interests of others (Philippians 2:4) and to lay down our lives for others (John 15:13).

I think about the song, Lay Me Down. If I ever need motivation to do a burpee workout, I'll just play this song and will be laying me down quite often =) But seriously, check it out! This song will stir you up!

Fitness: Mind

As promised, here's the book I'm going to read. "Manhood Restored" by Eric Mason. I've been starting a bunch of good books but never finishing one. So here is one book that I am starting fresh and will commit to finishing by next week. I read through the forwards and the Introduction last night. And I'm excited :) I look forward to updating you all with what I discover.

....

Okay! Time to work :) For Christ alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit