WOD 2013.02.13 - Coffee with God

WOD

Strict press
The plan was 5-5-3-3-1-1. Here's what happened:
5 x 95 lbs, 5 x 95 lbs, 3 x 115 lbs, 5 x 115 lbs
1 x 135 lbs, 3 x 115 lbs, 5 x 125 lbs, 0 x 145 lbs
Yup, that last attempt was way to big a jump for me.

- then -

4 Rounds
(1 min each; 1 min rest between rounds)
Double unders
Ball slams (50 lbs)
HSPU
Ring dips
I was definitely a lot more tired than normal. For some reason, today was a "bleh" day. I find if I win the battles in the morning, whatever they may be, the rest of my day is great.

Morning Devotions

I'm working on spending time with God in the mornings. To meet with God before meeting whatever comes my way. I find I really need that.

My approach to reading the Bible is just straight reading. I do think and read carefully, but I also don't have (or make) the time to sit there for an hour meditating on what I just read. There are other times when I do meditate / savor, but for my morning reading, I treat it like breakfast. So essential. Delicious and enjoyable. I don't always remember what I ate, but I know I was nourished. And it makes a world of a difference when I have breakfast (unless I'm intentionally fasting / changing up my diet).

Prayer. This is also so important. I need to be driven to my knees each day. Someone mentioned preaching is standing before men on behalf of God, whereas prayer is standing before God on behalf of men.

I can't wait to have coffee with God tomorrow morning! I'm off to go have a chat with Him. Have a good night (or excellent day, depending when you read this).

A picture of the supercool journal I picked up this weekend. "Coffee with God". How cool is that?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit