WOD 2012.12.18 - Prayerful vigilance

Jesus at Gethsemane

"Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, 'Sit here, while I go over there and pray.' And taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, 'My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me.' And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, 'My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will but as you will.' And he came to the disciples and found them sleeping. And he said to Peter, 'So, could you not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.' Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed, 'My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done.' And again he came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. So, leaving them again, he went away and prayed for the third time, saying the same words again. Then he came to the disciples and said to them, 'Sleep and take your rest later on. See, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going; see, my betrayer is at hand.'"
--Matthew 26:36-46

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Oh how true this is! But Jesus says to watch and pray. To be vigilant, aware, not idle / slothful, and in prayer. Prayerful vigilance is a powerful thing.


WOD @ TCCC

Today was the last workout of the year at TCCC. This is the group that organized my first (unofficial) CF competition :) Here's what went down today:

Four rounds for time
1 bear crawl (gym length and back)
7 pistols (i.e. 1-legged squats)
1 stair ascent
7 butterfly sit-ups
1 HSPU
7 bench jump-overs
(Time: ~10 mins)

WOD @ CFM

After some rest, I stumbled over to CFM for the WOD. Today's workout felt good :) though an hour beforehand, I realized I should be more careful with what I put in my body. And for that matter, to be ever vigilant what I put in my mind, heart and spirit also. Here's what the workout looked like:

Shoulder press
5 x 95 lbs, 5 x 115 lbs, 5 x 125 lbs, 5 x 125 lbs (only got 3 reps)

Push press
3 x 145 lbs, 3 x 155 lbs, 3 x 165 lbs

20 min AMRAP
20 burpees
10 ball slams
20 body rows
10 ball slams
20 alt jumping lunges
10 ball slams
20 sit-ups
10 ball slams
(Score: 4 rounds + 10 burpees)

After a break, I practiced double-unders. Made it to 75. Think I finally found a rhythm. I just need to be relaxed. I'm hoping to make it to 100 unbroken by the end of this year.

Here is a really cool video on life, death and love. It tells the story of Jesus in a creative way. And here's an article titled "Stop Hanging Out with Women and Start Dating Them". Is hanging out an epidemic, or just where we are at in our society? What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit