WOD 2012.12.16 - First CF comp

Awesome Verse(s) of the Day

But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”
--Matthew 1:20-21

Workout(s) of the Day

Today was my first competition! It was a fundraiser for a friend going to Uganda with Raising the Village. While my brother came first and beat me in both workouts, I had a lot of fun and felt good about each workout. Here's what went down today.

WOD 1

3 Rounds for Time
9 Shoulder to overhead (135 lbs)
12 KB swings (55 lbs)
15 Wall ball shots (20 lbs / 10 ft)
Time: 7:21

WOD 2

30 DU (double unders)
25 Box jumps (30")
30 DU
20 Pull-ups
30 DU
15 Front squats
30 DU
10 Wall climbs (these were nasty)
30 DU
5 Handstand push-ups
Time: ... forgot :p

After the competition, I went to small group for our last meeting of the year. We had a potluck and gift exchange! Lots of fun! Love my extended family :)

I ended up getting peanut butter filled pretzels. But the gift I had before was pretty cool -- it was a CD by shai linne called "The Atonement". While it got stolen from me, my super awesome small group friend lent it to me for the week to listen to :) Stoked!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit