WOD 2012.12.11 - Unafraid


Deezed

At the gym today, I saw Psalm 56:4 tattooed on a friend's shoulder.

Here's what it says:

"In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?"

Deezed. Reminds me of a picture I saw on tumblr.

Repentance

On the drive home, a passage from Joel 2 stuck out:

"'Yet even now,' declares the LORD,
'return to me with all your heart,
with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;
and rend your hearts and not your garments.'
Return to the LORD your God,
for he is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love;
and he relents over disaster. 
Who knows whether he will not turn and relent,
and leave a blessing behind him
a grain offering and a drink offering
for the LORD your God?"
--Joel 2:12-14

WOD

Today's workout looked something like this:

Push Press
5 x 95 lbs, 5 x 135 lbs, 4 x 155 lbs, 1 x 175 lbs (lost grip)
5 x 95 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs

"Diane"
21-15-9
Deadlifts (225#)
HSPU
Time: 9:47, 1 hr rest, 17:45

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit