WOD 2012.12.09 - No accident

Rest day

Today is a rest day, and what an awesome rest day it has been! My caffeine today came only from green tea (no coffee for the first time in a while). I also resisted multiple urges to workout. My body needs the rest.

Accidental sin

At church today, we heard about how Adam and Eve sinned. One of the things that struck me was the progression of sin. For Eve, she saw, she wanted, and she took (in simple terms). James 1:14-15 says, "But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death."

In my own life, I find I don't so much "fall" into sin as I "walk" into sin. In sin, there are no accidents.

Accidental holiness

In the same way, there are no accidents in our pursuit of holiness. We don't just "stumble" into holiness. We need to toil and strive to be better each day. And to be never satisfied, since we are comparing ourselves to the holiness of Christ. Paul gives a good illustration with his own life in his letter to the Philippians. "Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies ahead and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you." --Philippians 3:12-15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep