WOD 2012.12.04 - Abide



Spiritual WOD: Abide - John 15

v2 "Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit."
  • Getting "pruned" isn't always fun, but I definitely need it so that I can bear more fruit.

v5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."
  • Abide. I need to be in Christ and let Him rule in me. The fruit of the Spirit -- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control (Gal 5:22-23) -- is something I cannot produce of my own strength. I truly need Him. I am deficient, he is sufficient.

v7 "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."
  • "...and my words abide in you". Treasuring (and memorizing) His Word, which is of indescribable value. I long to long for more.

Physical WOD

Tue Dec 4

@ hotel - most awesome hotel gym I've seen so far!

Deadlifts
4 x 8 @ 225 lbs
Clean complex
5 x (1 squat clean + 1 hang squat clean + 2 front squats) @ 135 lbs
*barbell harder to handle, and grip had to also resist torque, making for a cool workout

@ cfm

Deadlifts
6 x 2 @ 345 lbs
WOD - FGB style (3 rounds for max total reps)
1 min burpees
1 min power snatch (75 lbs)
1 min wall balls (20 lbs / 10 ft)
1 min chest-to-bar pull-ups
1 min box jump (24")
1 min break
(Score: 208)

Mon Dec 3

5 km jog in Gananoque Trail (see photo in Instagram)

Sun Dec 2

200 push-ups not for time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit