WOD 2012.11.23 - Contentment

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord"

Everlasting God, by Christ Tomlin

Content yet pressing on

These verses were shared from a friend in my men's group.

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."
-- Jeremiah 29:13

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it.  Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.  The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and He delights in his way.  When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hands.  Wait for the Lord and keep His way."
-- Psalm 37:4-5, 7, 23-24, 34

Learning to wait upon the Lord in all things, and that He alone is sufficient.

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own."
-- Philippians 3:12

Content in this season of life. Pressing on to know Christ.

WOD

Rest Day. Wed and Thurs were also rest days. I blame the CrossFit Totals.

John Piper on the importance of taking care of our bodies.

Update: So, my rest day turned into a hangout at CFM for muscle-up work and 2 min AMRAPs ... which then turned into skill work on snatches, followed by a PR!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit