WOD 2012.11.10 - Funerals

Physical WOD

7 a.m. @ HBCYR w/ The Repenters

20 mins
Burpees
5-10-15-20-...
(1 suicide in between each set of burpees)

Score: 36/40, 176 burpees (prev score: 40/40, 180 burpees)

The weather was a bit chillier than 4 weeks ago, and the ground was especially cold. Nevertheless, we were blessed with wonderful weather.

Spiritual WOD

Victor then shared from James 1:22-25 about being more than just hearers of the word. We often forget who we are and get caught up in the day-to-day routine. I know sometimes I get convicted to change my diet or lifestyle after hearing a talk, then the next day, any remaining conviction vaporized.

Thought of the Day - Funerals

Yesterday (Nov 10) was my grandmother's funeral. She was one of the most beautiful women I've ever known and loved God so much.

During the funeral, there were two conflicting emotions. An emotion of intense sadness and loss. And an emotion of inexpressible joy that my grandmother is now with Jesus. While I mainly tried to keep an eternal perspective during the ceremony, I wonder if I can do this when someone closer to me passes on.

For the Christian, funerals are a celebration of someone's life, a time to grieve, and a time to rejoice. Strange, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit