WOD 2012.11.09 - Knowing Christ

Workout of the Day - 6 p.m. @ CFM

Back squat
Warm-up: 2 x 45#, 2 x 135#, 2x185#, 2x225#
Working set: 8 x 2 x 255#

- then -

Skill work: Muscle-up progressions and dips

Thought for the day - Knowing Christ

"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." - Philippians 3:8a

Paul counted everything as loss. Everything. All the things he worked so hard for his entire life.

For me, "everything" would include my career, family, friends, church and CrossFit. This would also include all the "good" I've done in my life. All of it. Rubbish. Not bad in and of themselves. But compared to the surpassing worth of knowing Him.

What does it mean to know Christ? It's beyond just getting through the day with a checklist of tasks (do devotions, eat, work, workout, pray, go to church). Rather, the "tasks" we engage in should center around knowing Him more.

And if I engage in a task that takes away my affection for Christ? Even if that task is not sinful in and of itself? If knowing and being known by Him is my goal, I should strip away all that so easily hinders so that I can run the race set before me (Hebrews 12:1-3).

(reflections based on Matt Chandler's sermon "Christianity Made Simple" during Young Adults @ HBCYR)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit