WOD 2012.10.10

Paleo Challenge Part II: A Date with Fran

Today's workout was Fran: 21-15-9 of thrusters (95#) and pull-ups. I almost tied my previous score with 6:02 (missed it by a second!).

Going in, I decided to pace myself. From what I recall before, I would go hard on the thrusters, and then die. I made sure to keep a consistent pace and breathe. Here was how I broke it down (the latter part not by choice!):

21 thrusters: unbroken
21 pull-ups: 11-10
15 thrusters: 7-8
15 pull-ups: 5-5-5
9 thrusters: 6-3
9 pull-ups: 7-2

As relaxed as I looked (that's what my coach said), I was in pain, lungs burning, and forearms numb. To improve, I need stronger squats, better pull-ups / grip, and improve cardio capacity. My goal for the re-test is to maintain the same pace but to go through all movements unbroken.

Thrive Diet - Day 2 Reflections

Breakfast was a Vega One shake along with some warm soup (cauliflower / ginger) courtesy of my mom :) I ate my lunch (quinoa, eggplant, cauliflower) the moment I got to work. And then, I pretty much ate every hour on the hour! A pear at 10 a.m., a banana at 11 a.m., leftover salad / hemp protein shake at 12 p.m., some lentil soup shortly after, an orange at 1 p.m., ... and a 2 hour gap! ... before an avocado. On the way home, I ended up eating an apple. I snacked on some quinoa before CrossFit and had a protein shake after (some combination of hemp, pea and cranberry proteins). And I only had one cup of herbal coffee and it was oh so good! Staying coffee- and meat-free so far :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit