WOD 2012.09.10

Paleo Challenge - CrossFit Totals

Today marks Day 1 of the "Paleo" Challenge. For this challenge, my partner and I are doing the Thrive Diet and doing the benchmark tests before and after this 6-week challenge. Here are my scores (1 rep max):

Back squat: 255 lbs
Shoulder press: 125 lbs
Deadlift: 365 lbs

Here is a link to my previous scores. 

Thrive Diet - Day 1 Reflections

No coffee. No meat. Those would have to be the toughest things. Yet here I am, 9 p.m., and have been caffeine-free :) I had some help from Teecino, an herbal coffee, for the 2 p.m. energy drop.

It's hard to stay full on a vegan diet. Or rather, I need to get used to a different kind of fullness. I'm used to the wonderful bloated feeling of eating a good slice of meat. I got really hungry in the afternoon and grabbed a Larabar. I wanted to eat another, but then forced myself to wait.

Dinner, after CrossFit as usual, was delicious, compliments of my mom :) I think I could get used to this diet ... for the next 6 weeks. Just need to avoid any positive thoughts of meat and coffee.

"I don't like eating meat. I'm not interested in drinking coffee. Repeat."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit