WOD 2012.07.16

Sunday Reflections

This past Sunday, our pastor preached from Psalm 119:121-128. Here are a few things that stood out to me:

1. The weight of God's promises--you can take it to the bank
2. His mercies are new every morning
3. You know how well you are doing as a servant when you are treated like one--boom
4. We need to love His Word, and hate sin--the reverse seems easier

IATBR

I gave a presentation today at a conference in Toronto. While the presentation generally went well, I know I definitely need to work on public speaking--Toastmasters?

WOD

I wasn't able to complete the entire workout, and ended up doing some random stuff. As I was hanging in the gym, it suddenly hit me that I have an attitude problem--yes, took long enough, I know. This arrogance. Sense of entitlement. Quick temper. Things that irritate me when I see in others. Painfully obvious in my life. I need to replace these with humility, patience, and perseverance.

4 x 3 Hang Squat Snatch @ 105 lbs (and some lighter working sets, and some failed sets)

"(power) Elizabeth"
21-15-9
Power cleans @ 135 lbs
Ring dips

I wasn't planning on doing this, but I saw Chris do this in around 3 mins. So I figured I'd give it a try. 20+ mins later .... yea. Weak, I know. But now I'm less weak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit