Paleo Challenge - Super-late post :)

It has been a while since my last post. Work has been pretty busy. While there are times of incredible stress, His grace is sufficient for me, and His power made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Paleo Challenge Re-tests: I got stronger!

To re-cap, our gym held a 6-week Paleo Challenge. There are before / after tests, including body fat % and fitness tests. The fitness tests consists of two components: strength, and conditioning. While I made significant gains, I could have done better with a cleaner diet and remaining consistent. Nevertheless, I was pretty satisfied, given the circumstances (work, stress, etc.). Here are the results:

Strength: CrossFit Totals (previous scores)
Back squat: 275 lbs (+ 20 lbs)
Shoulder press: 135 lbs (+ 20 lbs)
Deadlift: 375 lbs (+ 60 lbs)

Conditioning: Fran (previous score)
Time: 6:01 (faster by 1:11)

Looking ahead ...

The 6-week Paleo Challenge helped me keep a consistent journal of my physical and spiritual fitness. Documenting this helped me reflect on where I was in my life journey, and where I need to be. I have also heard from others they enjoy reading this. It is my hope to inspire and be inspired by the life stories of others.

The next set of posts will revolve around the book I started reading. It's a Christian book that talks about loving God with all heart, soul, mind, and strength, based off Luke 10:27. I'm really excited since this book aligns with my personal vision of 4-D Fitness, and will be the perfect complement to my physical training with CrossFit.

The other half of my posts will continue to document my journey in physical fitness, including CrossFit goals and workouts, and nutrition. Stay tuned!

Post-workout picture after today's Surprise WOD @ CrossFit Markham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep