Just go there

WOD

Push press
3 x 95 lbs, 3 x 115 lbs, 3 x 3 x 135 lbs, 3 x 155 lbs

5 Rounds for Time
10 Front Squats (135 lbs)
10 HSPU (first couple strict, then scaled using a box -_-)
20 Box Jumps (20")
30 Butterfly Sit-ups
Going into the WOD, I told myself I had enough of mediocrity. I would stop making excuses. And stop being afraid. That I would just go there. Go to the place where it hurts. Where it is uncomfortable. Where you don't let yourself get away with anything less than your best. In this WOD, "going there" meant pushing through those front squats in the latter rounds. It meant scaling back the HSPU so I could go for intensity, even though I would rather complete HSPU as prescribed. Going there means dropping my pride to be comfortable with where I am, and to mentally go to that difficult place that does not let me give up. When I think about just going there in other areas of my life (psychologically, spiritually, etc.), I'm definitely challenged to make tough choices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit