Paleo Challenge - Days 18-20

Spiritual Juice


Juice has been lacking. Or rather, juice has been in ample supply, but I have not been drinking much. I need to learn to trust fully in Him. Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."


Nutrition


I haven't been as strict with my diet. Perhaps it's because I'm not counting everything and do not have to account for what I eat. I'll work on this a bit more. I passed by Shoppers and bought a very un-paleo snack (corn chips), and then organic peanut butter and coffee grind =) I will work on moving my diet / regimen to be similar to Julie Foucher, elite athlete and med student. She is one of the athletes my brother and I admire. Two things that stand out to me are:

  • "Coffee, shower, eat, in that order" - let's see how that goes :)
  • "Every Saturday, Foucher prepares a week's worth of food so she is never caught off guard." - a week is quite a lot. Let's start with 2-3 days at a time and go from there =)


WOD

Thursday - 8 p.m.

Skill work (muscle-ups)

Tabata 
(1 min rest between exercises)
(score: lowest # reps / exercise)
Knees to elbows (score: 5)
Jump over box (score: 10)
Deadlifts 225# (score: 5)
Jumping lunges (score: 16)

Friday - 10 a.m.

Globo Gym Workout :P
(see CrossFit Markham's page)

10 min AMRAP (in teams of 2)
15 power cleans (95#)
Wall ball slams
(Total wall ball slams: 269)

Saturday - 9:30 a.m.

Row 3000 m (11:32), 500 m (1:42.6)
50 bicycle crunches
25 v-ups
2 min plank

Shoulder press / pull-up superset
Work on snatch technique

10:30 p.m. w/ Jireh
150 push-ups for time
(Time, 18:09, much slower than Jireh's 14:10)
definitely need to work on my upper body base strength

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit