Paleo Challenge - Day 38: Refreshing :)

Spiritual Juice

"What refreshes you?" This was asked to Jill Briscoe from the radio program, Telling the Truth. In her reply, she says the people she serves refreshes her. Expanding on her point, she mentions how we are often refreshed when we give of ourselves to serve others. We are refreshed when we refresh others. Despite my selfish nature, I find that I can trust God for strength to serve others when I choose to submit my will to His.

On another note, I read this blog post by one of my mentors. The title caught my eye of course! As I was reflecting on his words, I realize how much I need to learn to give out of the abundance that comes from God. To learn to be a channel, able to give a lot only because I've been given much.

Nutrition

Today wasn't Paleo. Lunch I had some awesome noodles with pork goulash. Dinner was Paleo though! Pulled pork + watercress + yam. It was super amazing! (Mom = awesome) And I just made an awesome shake (almond milk + cookies / cream protein powder + banana + chia seeds). It's sitting in the fridge waiting for me to finish this post =)

Coffee: This morning I made coffee a la inverted aeropress. Amazing! But even more amazing was that I just felt amazing all day (perhaps it was the Vega One shake I had for breakfast, coupled with a good night's rest). On my way back from Hamilton, I passed by a Tim Horton's and picked up a cup of coffee--but I didn't even feel tired. Nevertheless, I just drank it, enjoying every drop :)

WOD - 9:30 p.m.

Today was a late day at work and I couldn't make it back in time for CrossFit. So I decided to check out the gym near my work (Premier Fitness). Apparently, the gym shut down and "Premier Fitness" no longer exists. While I was a little dismayed, I was delighted to hear that the former franchises, now owner-operated, will honor the membership I had. So my workout today was at Yorkdale Fitness (@ Yorkdale Mall).

Warm-up
Shoulder Press, 5 x 5 @ 95 lbs
Thrusters, 5 x 5 @ 95 lbs
GHD sit-ups, 20 reps

Okay! Now for my protein shake of awesome =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit