Paleo Challenge - Day 36: They work!

Pistachios (Nutrition)
They work! They really work! It's amazing! I was super tired this morning en route to work .. it got to me halfway into my commute. Then enter the pistachio! The very thought of eating the pistachio invigorates! It's amazing! Only thing is that I get super thirsty by the end of my trip :)
Spiritual Juice

Commit to memory James 4:7-12, CrossFit Faith's Weekend WOD. I'll just hang here until this gets memorized. Shouldn't be too bad--just got to get it done.

WOD - 8 p.m. @ CFM

Warm-up, work on pull-ups, free physio assessment!
I got a free assessment and treatment from Lisa. I have a pretty tight facet joint (pain on the left side, more tightness on the right). She did some manipulation and stuff. I don't really understand it all, but it sure felt better!

Push jerk (Warm-up with 45 lbs, 95 lbs)
2 x 135 lbs, 2 x 155 lbs, 2 x 155 lbs, 2 x 155 lbs, 2 x 135 lbs, 2 x 135 lbs
155 lbs is not too heavy. But my technique is off. I need to jump faster and keep my wrists straight at the top. 

Back squat (Warm-up with 135 lbs)
5 x 185 lbs, 5 x 185 lbs, 5 x 205 lbs, 5 x 205 lbs, 5 x 225 lbs
I tried Ben's weightlifting shoes (Nike Romaleos), and wow! They make a huge difference!

Pull-up work (strict / kipping)
Max rep attempt (butterfly): 17
When fresh, I can probably do 21 (reps for first round of Fran). When I do the re-test next week though, I will probably conserve and do 12 + 9. We'll see how I feel. But I'm not strong enough yet to just go "balls-out" on every rep, on every round.
Things to keep in mind for upcoming workouts this week:
My arms are sore. This time I did not push beyond the threshold of pain. I need to give my arms enough rest. Also, my core is weak and my lower back is prone to injury. The physio helped, but I definitely need to improve my mobility and stability. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit