Paleo Challenge - Day 33-35: Pistachios!

Spiritual Juice

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.  If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?  Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.  This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 
-- 1 John 3:16-20
Some hard-hitting truth. I need to truly love others, and to stop being selfish. I am indeed a wretched man--any goodness is God's grace. And I need to entrust my all to Him each day.


Nutrition
Just picked up pistachios and sunflower seeds. Yes, they're paleo -- but also, apparently they are awesome for staying awake when driving tired. Even better than coffee, according to a friend, who says truckers swear by them. Let's see how it goes :) The hope is that they'll help me stay awake AND stave off my stress-food cravings.


WOD

Friday
Rest day (since I worked out Thursday)

Saturday - 9:30 a.m. @ AC

Row
1 k (warm-up): 4:15
500 m / 1:00 rest: 1:44.5, 1:47.8, 1:49.1, 1:55.2, 1:50.5

- Then -

5 Rounds for Time
10 Squat Jumps
10 Leg Raises
Time: 2:14

- Then -

Back Squat
Warm-up (45 lbs, 95 lbs, 135 lbs)
5 x 5 @ 185 lbs

- Then -

DB Row
4 x 10 @ 55 lbs

Sunday
Rest day
I definitely needed rest. To think I could just keep going was foolish. Even elite athletes rest. My body was feeling the after-effects of over-training (injury-prone, "bad" muscle pain, lower energy, etc). The goal is to make Sundays my rest day, with another rest day between Wed-Fri, depending on my schedule. Let's see how this goes :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep