Paleo Challenge - Day 25: Rest, Work, Rest


Spiritual Juice

Today's blog post title is taken from UTCCF's incoming Chair. Check out her cool blog here!

"Rest, work, rest." This is the "rhythm of grace". The way Jesus lived his life. He rested. He worked. And rested in the presence of the Father.

At times when I try to rest, I do not truly rest. I hold onto things I should let go. I let go of things I should hold on to. As aptly stated by the Westminster Catechism:
Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever.
It's not about me. Nor about my desires or personal gain. Nor about my friends and family. As Jason Ma says in his song, "It's about the glory". 


WOD

Rest day

Okay today should really be a rest day (yesterday was a failed attempt). I made the mistake of checking out the WOD at CrossFit Markham today, and to my dismay, I find three of my favorite exercises: rope climb, plank, and running. I guess you can call it a "rest day". I'll report back tomorrow on what actually happened.


Update (11 p.m.): As you probably guessed, I spent my Rest Day at CrossFit. It was just rope climbs and running (I didn't do the 5:00 plank). Here's what I did at the 8 p.m. class:


Warm-up
10 x Rope climbs (15') - harder than you may think! And I shall wear pants next time =)


- Then -

For Time
8 x 400 m (2:00 break in between)
Time: 29:02 (Average 1:52.7 / 400 m -- top time was sub 25 min! I'm slow ..)
Did 3 more repeats after with a friend who started the WOD late


Nutrition

Today's goal is to not compromise =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit