Paleo Challenge - Day 23: Golden Arches of Death!

Spiritual Juice

"Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."
-- Matthew 10:37-39

I came across this passage through CrossFit Faith's website. Here, Jesus talks about how we shouldn't hold onto relationships too tightly. We are to love are family, friends, and even enemies; but if this love should be secondary to our love for Jesus Christ. 

WOD - 6 a.m.

Hang clean & Push jerk
2 x 95 lbs, 1 x 135 lbs, 1 x 155 lbs, 1 x 155 lbs, 1 x 155 lbs

Back squat
5 x 155 lbs, 5 x 155 lbs, 3 x 225 lbs, 2 x 225 lbs, 1 x 225 lbs, 1 x 225 lbs

The weights felt a lot heavier than I expected. I definitely need a rest day. As Chris Spealler says, "No recovery, no intensity". It's hard to manage work-rest, but I definitely need to do it. And need to rest before I'm overtrained.

6 p.m.

5 x 10: GHD sit-ups, Reverse hypers
Stretching / mobility work
10 x 10 push-ups
1000 m row

Nutrition

7:30 a.m. Protein shake (before / after workout, Apple / almond butter, Coffee
9:00 a.m. McDonald's Sausage / Egg McMuffin, Hashbrown, Coffee
  • I need to stop caving in :P
11:30 a.m. Trail mix / Brazil nuts
1:00 p.m. Salad, Pork, Soup
4:00 p.m. Protein shake + almond butter
7:30 p.m. Protein shake + almond butter
8:00 p.m. Jerk pork + broccoli
8:15 p.m. Peanut butter + honey ... 2 sandwiches

  • Ahh! ... regretting it now, though it seemed so good in the moment! Now, I'll be sleeping with all these carbs

Comments

Jireh Wang said…
NICE! got the almond butter! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep