Paleo Challenge - Day 22: Pumice Stone!

Spiritual Juice


"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs on your heard are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of much more value than many sparrows. So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 10:28-33

I came across this thought-provoking verse from the Faith WOD on CrossFit Faith's website. Two things strike me:

  • What are the things I value?
  • Do I acknowledge Jesus before others?
There's much to think about, especially in where my priorities are.

Nutrition

Asides from a bit of brown rice today, I was pretty paleo =) I find that even with the "healthy" brown rice, it's easy to eat too much too soon. 

WOD - 6 p.m.

Deadlifts
5 x 225 lbs, 2 x 4 x 315 lbs, 2 x 5 x 315 lbs
current PR: 315#, pretty excited for the next CrossFit Totals test at the end of the Paleo challenge :D

- Then - 

20 min AMRAP
2 Muscle-ups (did 6 jumping muscle-ups)
4 HSPU
8 KB Swings (72#)
(Rounds: 3)
Low score due to muscle-ups and HSPU--definitely weak upper body. Going to do some push-ups every other day or something.


Pumice Stone!


So after CrossFit, I did groceries and saw a pumice stone in the lady's section. I recall a CF trainer in Seattle (JHo) telling me that he uses pumice stone to smooth out his callouses and then moisturizes. A strong grip is definitely important when doing the kipping pull-up, which requires much more power than your typical strict pull-up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit