Paleo Challenge - Day 21: "Coffee, shower, eat, in that order"

Spiritual Juice


Today is Easter Sunday, the day we Christians remember what Jesus did for us on the Cross. Good Friday was the day we remember his death, and Easter Sunday is the day we remember his resurrection (though it is technically Monday).


This morning, I am reflecting on what the Cross means to me.
"but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." --Romans 5:8


Nutrition (to be updated throughout the day)


6:30 a.m. Wake-up
- Coffee, shower, eat (Julie Foucherthe start of an awesome morning routine =)

8:30 a.m. Morning run
Only got to the coffee / shower part. Then went a light run. What started as a 4 km run ended up to be an 8 km run to avoid an angry goose
- I was running the Donald Cousens loop, when all of the sudden, I heard a goose. Normally, this would be natural when you're running out in the country. However, the sound rapidly drew near. As I turned, I saw a full-sized goose flying straight toward me. I sprinted, barely avoiding the piercing.
- I kept running--foolishly I later realized. This same goose flew again at me with a greater vengeance. I quickly picked up the pace, ducked, and shouted. Then, in fear of actually being rammed by the goose, I turned around, planning to retrace my steps. Geese can be scary.
- Instead of retracing my steps, I decided to make a random turn and run through some suburbs, thereby completing the "loop" in a very roundabout way. 
- Needless to say, this was quite the morning adventure, and it's only 8:30 a.m. Now, for a light snack (apple / almond butter, Vega recovery) before breakfast (9:30 a.m.)


9:30 a.m. Breakfast =)
- Scrambled eggs + onions + beef + mushrooms + salt/pepper/garlic powder
- Bacon! =)


1:00 p.m. Lunch
- Short ribs + napa (paleo ... so far) .... then,
- Doritos, rice, and red wine ... pre-workout =P


3:30 p.m. Post-WOD food
- Eelam Lamprie--basically, curry awesomeness wrapped in a banana leaf




Easter Sunday WOD

Accumulate max total reps
8 x 40 s on / 20 s rest per exercise
KB swings (55#)
DB thrusters (25#)
Burpees

Scores (Total = Burpees + KB Swings + DB Thrusters)
Jireh: 274 = 82 + 116 + 76
Josh: 272 = 82 + 110 + 82
Jon: 168 = 40 + 87 + 41

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit