Paleo Challenge - Day 3: Open WOD 12.5

Spiritual Juice

And he said to them, "Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist of an abundance of possessions." -- Luke 12:15



WOD - 8 p.m.

Warm-up
Mobility, HSPU, Stretching

For Time
Run 400 m
42 Double Unders, 21 KB Swings (55#)
30 Double Unders, 15 KB Swings
18 Double Unders, 9 KB Swings
Run 400 m
Time, 9:30

Open WOD 12.5 (demo)
7 min AMRAP
3 100 lbs thrusters, 3 CTB pull-ups (chest-to-bar)
6-6, 9-9, 12-12, etc...
Score: 52 reps
I don't have CTB butterfly yet, and I don't have kipping pull-ups still ... The thrusters were in sets of 3 ... definitely need to get stronger.

This will be the only time doing this workout for the Open. I will be too busy tomorrow to go to CrossFit, and I will need to recover Fri / Sat for the 30 K run on Sunday. So, I'll take that score :) 


Overall, the Open was so much fun and really motivated me to improve as an athlete. I know that strength is a weakness, as well as gymnastics / technical movements, kipping pull-ups, and the list goes on. I'm looking forward to my well-deserved rest tomorrow =)

Nutrition

Paleo :) ... lol too tired (or lazy?) to log exact times. Here's a random braindump:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 dates, slice of pineapple
En route to work & at work: Too much coffee, too little sleep :p
Snack: Cashews, Sunflower seeds =)
Lunch: Assorted salad, slices of beef
Mid-day AWESOME: Water + Chia (at my desk)
Snack: Pork jerky, apple (in between WODs)
Post-WOD: Vega One / recovery

Passed by T & T along the way to pick up jerky, trail mix, cashews, brazil nuts =) Pretty cheap there compared to Food Basics!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit