Paleo Challenge - Day 2: A Date with Fran

Spiritual Juice


Thinking again about yesterday's verse from 1 Peter: "to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul."


Passions of the flesh. In the context of the Paleo challenge, this could be my cravings for starch, pasta, processed food. And these cravings "wage war" against my pursuit of health and fitness. Likewise, I must abstain from saying, thinking, or doing things that keep me from:
- Working well at work
- Growing in my relationship with God
- Staying pure in heart
- ... and other dimensions of fitness

The Paleo challenge is a very tangible way for me to work through some of the more difficult challenges in life. Through this diet, I'm learning the importance of delayed gratification ... temporary pain for everlasting gain.

WOD - 8 p.m.


Fran
21-15-9
Thrusters (95 lbs)
Pull-ups
Time (7:12, PR)

Previous attempts:
Dec 7 2011, Time: 12:21
Jul 24 2008, Time: 28:13

Nutrition
8:00 a.m. - Vega WFHO (2 scoops)
9:00 a.m. - Coffee (XL, Timothy's ... much needed)
10:30 a.m. - Cashews (probably too much :p)
1:00 p.m. - Vegetables, sliced meat
3:00 p.m. - Sunflower seeds, more cashews
7:30 p.m. - Lettuce / Tuna, Pre-workout awesomeness (see below)
9:30 p.m. - Protein shake

Pre-workout awesomeness


This deserves a heading of its own. I came off the GO train extremely tired from the workday and was not feeling ready to do Fran. I thought back to articles I read from Thrive Fitness and No Meat Athlete, remembered a drink they made. So anyways, I think I'm going to keep doing this for pre-workout, if possible.

5 dates
Energy drink (Coconut water, 1 tsp chia seeds, lime)


... and I still feel awesome =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit