Paleo Challenge - Day 12: Flee, Pursue, Fight, Take hold!

Spiritual Juice


"But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses."
-- 1 Timothy 6:11-12 (emphasis added)


WOD - 6 p.m.


Deadlift
3x3x3x3 (235#)

- Then -

5 Rounds for Time
30 KB Swings (Rx: 1.5 pood, Used 2 pood)
20 Wall ball shots (20# ball, 10' target)
10 Toes to bar
Time: 26:18

The extra weight made a difference, especially on the KB swings. Wall ball shots felt a lot easier than when I first did it - must be because of the Open =)


Nutrition - yay, "Paleo!"


4:30 a.m. - Coffee, Protein shake, Pineapple
7:00 a.m. - Random meat
9:30 a.m. - Bacon, eggs, sausage
12:30 p.m. - Homemade burger patty + salad
3:30 p.m. - Chinese broccoli + random meat
4:30 p.m. - Paleo Krunch bar + seaweed packs (2)
5:30 p.m. - Vega WFHO (1 scoop) + Vega Pre-Workout Energizer
7:30 p.m. - Vega protein shake
8:00 p.m. - Ground beef + Chinese broccoli, apple

Okay, not the perfect diet today, but it is paleo! Well, "paleo" if you allow coffee, Vega products (natural and plant-based), and protein shakes (whey, milk-based ... yea ... I know). The Paleo Krunch helped with the stress craving I had. The bacon / egg / sausage was not something I should have had in the middle of work ... maybe earlier in the morning next time. And maybe save the pineapple / sweet stuff for closer to workouts, keeping the carb level lower in the morning. The Vega Pre-Workout definitely helped during my workout at CrossFit. I felt I had boundless energy =) I love that stuff! The caffeine comes from Yerba Mate.


I'm feeling stronger each day. Nutrition definitely makes a difference. When I compromised with the fast food / starchy foods, I felt a lot more bloated and felt I had more energy than I needed ... or rather .. too much of the wrong kind of energy ... if that makes any sense. 


Anyways, early morning again tomorrow :) I hope your weekend will be super awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit