Paleo Challenge - Day 11: The Baconator

Spiritual Juice


Reflecting again on Hebrews 12:1-3


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great a cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."


This is just such a loaded passage, and speaks to me in so many ways. In my repeated failures in maintaining a paleo diet. In my CrossFit workouts. In my dedication to my work. In my everyday life.


WOD - 8 p.m.


Warm-up
3 Rounds
10 reps each of Squats, Sit-ups, Push-ups, Pull-ups
(Did 2 Rounds + 10 Push-ups)

- Then -

Max reps in 3 Rounds
1 min / exercise, 1 min rest after each round
SDHP (72# KB)
Ring Dips (kipping ... but still tough!)
Box jumps (30")
Ball roll-ups (20# ball)
Clapping pull-ups
(Total reps: 214)

- Then -

Max plank hold for 5 min
(failed at 3:20, then on/off for the remaining time)

- Then -

Accumulate 100 double unders (no shoes)

Nutrition


Yup, you read right. While on site at work, some co-workers were talking about the Baconator. On my drive between sites, my stomach was hungry, and somehow a Wendy's happened to be right there. To provide some justification for my failure .. again .. here's a quick video by Rudy, the supercool coach from The Outlaw Way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit