Paleo Challenge - Day 10: The Compromise Continues

Spiritual Juice


"Come to me all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." 
-- Matthew 11:28

The past few days consisted of early mornings and little sleep. I caved in again this morning, getting breakfast from Tim Hortons (yes, any food there is not Paleo), and lunch from the cafeteria. Upon reflecting on yesterday's post on compromise, I realized that my initial "Oh Henry" compromise wasn't a one-time ordeal. I was "stress-eating" because I was stressed. Lots of work and little rest.


Rest is spiritual. In fact, someone on the radio said it is one of the most spiritual things you can do. Resting. I do ridiculous things when I'm not well-rested, and act out of character. I have heard that driving while sleep-deprived is like driving drunk. So today, I was reflecting on rest.


WOD


Light jog with Running Room (6 km, 10 min run / 1 min walk)

8 p.m. @ CrossFit

Shoulder Press
5 x 5 (65#, 95#, 115# - 3 reps, 115# - 3 reps, 95#, 95#)

For Time
21-18-15-12-9-6-3
Push press (started with 115# - Rx, then switched to 95# after getting through 11 reps)
Pull-ups (kipping still not there yet, no more than 5 unbroken ... need rhythm, grip strength, and most importantly, shoulder mobility)


Nutrition


Already confessed ... again. I bought two Paleo Krunch bars for the next time I want to go to the vending machine. I will try to reserve it for my "stress-eating" mode, which I hope will occur less.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit