Annie =)

Yesterday I did Annie. She's a fun workout :) For those not familiar with Annie, she looks like this:

50-40-30-20-10
Double unders
Sit-ups
(i.e. 50 double unders, 50 sit-ups, 40 double unders, 40 sit-ups, ...)

Time: 8:10

I can definitely do much better. My goal is to make it on the CrossFit Markham board (i.e. top 5 scores in the gym). Yesterday was the first time using a cable speed rope--it's so fast! And so much fun ... as long as you don't get hit by it--which hurts!

Sit-ups ... I flew through the first 50 (you can use your arms for momentum ... trust me, it gets harder). Then I just died. I find that the same with my burpees for the Open WOD 12.1 (7 min AMRAP of burpees, score: 93). I need to work on my endurance, and on getting stronger across various domains.

Today I did Open Wod 12.2. This is what it looked like:
30 snatches at each weight, 10 min AMRAP
75 lbs - 135 lbs - 165 lbs - 210 lbs



Going in today, my max snatch was 115 lbs. Getting to the second round alone would be awesome! I flew through the first 30 reps in 3:30. Then spent the rest of the time working on that 135 lbs snatch. In the end, I didn't get it--maybe that's why I didn't create a separate post for this (so Open Wod 12.2 score: 30). But I learned a lot of lessons from it.

The snatch requires complete concentration and focus. I have to be determined to go all out. When a negative thought enters my mind ... when I don't think I can get it ... when I compensate / compromise a small part of my technique .... failure!

I remember hurting myself from doing too many snatches before. This time, my coach helped me with the progressions and gave me cues. And after multiple attempts, I got the bar over my head ... at one point holding it for a couple seconds and stood up a couple inches before it fell forward--compromise in form.

I also found it hard to get up once I caught it. My arms become like jello. I need to work on overhead squats. Needless to say, despite doing snatches for the entire class, I loved it! The snatch is one of those super awesome workouts that make you feel amazing when you get it :)

I also had a chance to swim with a coworker again. I forgot my goggles, but ended up doing a pretty fun workout (well for me it's a workout :P)
100 m
- flutter kick
- whip kick
- pool running <-- harder than it looks!
- head-up front crawl

I love being in the water =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit