That final mile


After work, I went to the gym to workout, following a similar programming for today's Workout of the Day from CrossFit Markham. It looked something like this:

Stretching / SMR with lacrosse ball
Lunges (10 reps each leg)
- bodyweight
- two 15# dumbbells (raised leg)
- 45# barbell (raised leg)
- 95# barbell
Deadlift (225#)
5-5-5-5-5
10 mins of Cindy (1 round = 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats)
- lost count of rounds

After a most exciting drive home, I changed into running gear to go for a light jog in preparation for this weekend's half marathon =) I'm so excited!

The run started of as a light jog to CrossFit Markham. After hanging out there for a bit and picking up an awesome PaleoKit, I decided to keep running. My 2-3k jog turned out into a 10k jog. Having not run in a while, I started to feel a bit sore and slightly tired. As I was running the final mile, I suddenly got a boost of energy (or an incentive to run faster).

Need a boost in your final mile? Try running in the dark country road and all the sudden feeling overwhelmed by the smell of a skunk! "Sweet bebe, wait for me!" (for those who watch Looney Tunes)

I surged with new life in that final mile :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit