On to the next quest!

First of all, if you have not heard of Fitocracy, join! It's like Facebook for fitness! Anyways, within Fitocracy there are these achievements you get called "Quests". You earn them when you reach certain milestones. I've reached a couple, and will list the quests I will try to reach by the end of this month :)

Quests (Goals)


No Stranger to the Rack: Backsquat = 277 lbs (1.5x bodyweight)
- Most currently squatted is 250 lbs
I lift things up and put them down: Deadlift = 333 lbs (1.8x bodyweight)
- Uh ... current deadlift is around 275 lbs
Push It! (Barbell): Bench press = 167 lbs (0.9x bodyweight)
- I'll just go do this ..
I Prefer Being Off the Ground: Pull-ups: 15 reps in one set
- If I'm fresh, I can probably do around 10
Hands Up High (Barbell): Shoulder Press = 102 lbs (0.55x bodyweight)
- I'll also just go get this one ...
I Seem to Be Lost: Run 20 miles (32.2 km) in a lifetime
- Okay, time to start running again

Squat Clean PR!


Okay, so I haven't done a squat clean heavier than 95 lbs, mainly worried about technique, strength, and dropping the bar at my "Globo-Gym". Yesterday's WOD included 185# squat cleans ... I did 135#. While you were supposed to go for reps, I did them one at a time, since it was my first time.

So yes, it is a PR :) But I've discovered another thing: it's so fun to catch the bar in the squat position =) I love the feeling of a clean catch. It's almost as exhilarating as catching the bar in a snatch =)

I know I'm weak. I have a long way to go. But hey -- I'm going to get there =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit