Three Oreos

For lack of a better title, "Three Oreos" were what I just had. My path to healthy living! This post is a random collection of thoughts.

Awesome

What is awesomeness? Okay, I'm not talking about "awesome" in the sense of "God" awesome, as in awe-inspiring, awestruck, etc. I am referring to the common usage of the term, e.g. That pork bone soup was awesome! (Seor Ak San: you're the best!)

I find "awesome" things are exciting things and inspire smiles :) (Okay, I'm sure you can find exceptions and I'm sure you realize this is not a comprehensive definition)

I want to be awesome :) Awesome at work ... excited and inspired to work with excellence (Oh by the way: Are you excited or inspired at work? If so, I'd love to hear your stories!). Awesome at home ... excited and inspired to be a kind brother and loving son. Awesome at listening ... truly serving others, putting their needs above my own. Awesome at fitness ... growing in my ability to do the things I want to do.

Speaking of doing what you want to do, I just thought about how hard that is. A coherence between intention and action. Integrity. I'm still learning to be "fit" in that area. To do what I want to do. Many times I do what I do not want, and do not do what I want to do. Having the strength to say yes/no to the right things is tough :)

VOD - Verse of the Day

Yup, just stole from Jireh. This may be the Verse of the Day, or the Verse of the next two weeks =) I'm working on memorizing some key verse in the Bible (using the Topical Memory System). Today's verse is taken from 2 Corinthians 5:17.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
A new creation indeed! A simple yet loaded verse. Exciting and inspiring ... awesome!

Comments

Khaled Allen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Khaled Allen said…
I think you've got a great idea of being 'awesome'! I love it. Also, I think it's important to think of these things with the light-hearted humor that comes with saying, "I want to be awesome!" I started doing that after watching Kung Fu Panda, which is one of my all time favorite movies :). Blind your enemies with 'sheer awesomeness!'

Great blog!

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit