The Day Before Work


Running in the cold

Okay, so this was taken last year, while I was training for the Rome Marathon with Team in Training. My hair is much shorter now, but today was still chilly. Nevertheless, I saw a friend on facebook post a run of 5.17 km, so out I went. It felt a lot longer than a 4.5 km loop. I blame it on the wind, the cold, and my lack of training.

However, any calories burned during that run were easily replenished in the snacking throughout the day. And if that didn't do it, a few Oreo cookies, egg tarts, and more starchy / sugary foods topped it off. The three beers served as the knockout punch.

At the end of the day, it wasn't the calories from the run that mattered, but rather, the habit that I'm building. I'm interested in changing my attitudes and behavior, rather than just my actions.

Back to work


I had the week off last week, and it was good. Part of me is not looking forward to going back to work. I like the time off and the commute across Toronto isn't the greatest. And I can complain about a lot of other things.

But there are other things I can be excited for. A new year. Audio Bible CDs for the commute. Opportunity to grow as a transportation engineer. Develop writing, reading, and verbal skills.

I'm going back to work. Not just to "work" work, but also to work. Back to work on my character. Back to work on my profession. Back to work on my fitness and health. I'm excited :) And yes, I know my excitement won't last forever, but it's a catalyst. And I don't (or shouldn't) need to be excited to do what I ought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit