Rediscovering smiles: Finding joy inexpressible


A lot has happened recently. Relational stress, demands from work, and uncertainty were among the "excitement" in life that dulled my smile.

Situations that bring difficulty. Trials. The "storms of life". We can face them and let God use them to help us become more like Him. Or we can run away. I ran away.

It's important to know when you should fight and when you should run. Whether a situation is challenging, or toxic. You usually realize after the fact whether your decision to fight / run was the right one.

For me, my situation was toxic and I had to run. Looking back, I can't help but smile :) While it was a hard decision at the time, I've been more at peace. I've been able to focus more on work, invest in my family, serve at church, and connect more freely with others. Most importantly, I've been smiling more freely.

I find the smile that flows from an inner peace comes from a man or woman living according to their conviction. Living honestly is sometimes painful, but it's good. I know life won't be always full of smiles, nor do I think we must always smile and be happy. Rather, I pursue an inexpressible joy that even expresses itself through tears (Wait ... then it wouldn't be inexpressible, would it?! Whatever, you get the point!)


"and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory" 1 Peter 1:8

Comments

Jireh Wang said…
NICCEE!! i see that smile on ur face! haha it's funny actually! but yeah!

SICK MAN! :D keep on pursuing inexpressible joy through Him!!
Josh Wang said…
haha yea, the pic is a bit lame, since it was taken for the photo. i replaced with a more natural shot, taken after winning the TRX :)
Jireh Wang said…
HAAH! this one looks more happy! LOLO

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit