RandomThoughts12.16.2011

The snatch requires incredible intensity and focus. While running helps calm me over the course of an hour or so, the snatch clears my mind in an instant! Too bad my wrist is currently out of commission :(

My morning commute took about 1/2 hour, much less than my typical 1-1.5 hour commute. Toronto's congestion is unbelievable! Waking up early though is awesome :)

Finding time for reading the Bible has been tough. A friend suggested doing it during lunch break (I usually take my lunch and eat at my desk). A stroke of genius!

While I still have a wrist injury (I think I overdid it earlier this week on my snatches), I still had a pretty good workout today at CrossFit Markham. My workout looked something like this:
2 Rounds
27 Box Jumps (24")
27 Front Squats (35#) - instead of the wall ball shots
- Then -
10 min rest <-- My favorite part of the workout :)
- Then -
10 min AMRAP
3 Deadlifts at 80% 1 RM = 225 lbs (okay, I'm weak, I get it...)
7 Ring Pull-Ups - instead of ring dips
(Apparently, my dad - a physio - told me not to do any movements that would aggravate my wrist, especially any pushing ... pulling was okay. Foolishly, I did handstand push-ups, "heavy" cleans, and more snatches. The next day, I wished I took the advice.)
- Part way through the AMRAP (i.e. after the first round) -
Quit / bail (Pain from deadlifts! Should have listened to my dad)
Continued with 5-7 Kipping Ring Pull-Ups every minute on the minute for about 10 mins
- Then -
2x10 GHD Sit-ups
2x10 Reverse Hype
- Then -
2k row (attempt) <-- bailed around 700m
500m of just rowing
While this looks like a lot of text, it really is just a lot of bailing :P Nevertheless, it's here for the record. Over time, I hope to quit less. To have greater staying power and to persevere, nevertheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit