Mending a broken heart


My Vibrams had a small little cut, which grew larger over time. Today, I decided to sew it up (even in the low-res image, you can see where the cut is because of my amateur sewing skills). I don't usually sew - at most once a year. And I realized how tough sewing can be.

Sewing requires patience. And even after patching it up, it is still a patch job - it is not the original.

The human heart is similar. We can try fixing what was once broken. But even then, there will be scars, remnants of the pain.

To heal a broken heart, you may need something more than just patch jobs. You need a new heart. Well, I suppose it is your mind and not your heart that feels all this. So more correctly, you need to "renew your mind" (Romans 12:2).

I have found my human efforts only take me so far. True renewal. True change. Treating the root causes, and not just the symptoms. Perhaps these require something supernatural. A divine intervention, if you will.

Fitness is the ability to do what you want to do (or what you were made to do). Perhaps the pursuit of fitness begins with the pursuit of God, or something deeper than going to the gym, hitting the books, or listening to motivational speakers.

Indeed, what we do flows from who we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit