Awareness

Recently I started keeping tabs on how much I spend, how much food I eat, and how much I workout. The most important part of this log is that it helps me to be aware. Developing awareness is the foundation for fitness, and it is the first step to behavioral change.

Many times, we become aware when it's too late. To be aware, you need to be intentional. You cannot be lazy and have to take the time to form this habit. Over time, your decisions will be influenced by this awareness:

"Do I have the disposable income to spend on coffee / eating out / new toy?"
"Can I still feel great if I eat this?"
"Given my other priorities, do I have time to watch another movie?"

Be aware. Be fully present. Be engaged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit