Two kinds of love

At the Sunday service this morning, Jason talked about a "functional faith" (mp3 link). Yes, we have certainty of our salvation because we are with Him .. but who cares? What does this mean for our lives?

In his message, Jason made reference to Hosea 6 and talked about two kinds of love. The question for us was whether our love was a verse 4 or a verse 6 kind of love.

Verse 4
What shall I do with you, O Ephraim?
What shall I do with you, O Judah?
Your love is like a morning cloud,
like the dew that goes early away.
Verse 6
For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice,
the knowledge of God and not burnt offerings.
I think about my fleeting "love". My weak commitments. How my love is too often like the morning dew ... gone in a few hours. In my heart of hearts, I desire a love that is steadfast. I want to be fit to love, truly.

Comments

Jireh Wang said…
COOL! i want to be fit to love too!

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit