Lessons on Taking Hold - A Tight Grip


It was just this past year (2010-2011) that I served CCF. During that year, we looked at what taking hold of the cross really means.

As I reflect on these lessons, I am reminded that there are things I need to hold loosely, and things I need to hold tightly. Often I hold too tightly the things I need to hold loosely, and hold too loosely the thing I need to hold tightly.

I heard something on the radio this morning that struck me. The late Corrie Ten Boom told Chuck Swindoll,
"Chuck, I've learned that we must hold everything loosely, because when I grip it tightly, it hurts when the Father pries my fingers loose and takes it from me!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit