Leaving a Lasting Legacy

"Choose this day whom you will serve."
Joshua 24:15

Our daily choices matter. Our choices today shape our future. Joshua, from the Bible, had incredible vision and held unswervingly to His faith in God. He is the man of conviction I desire to be. I aspire to have the same courage to press on in a long obedience in the same direction.

"For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
1 Corinthians 1:18

A man of courage. Daring to embrace the word of the cross and being saved by the power of God. Despite this being folly to onlookers.

I care a lot about what people think about me. And to a certain degree, this is not a bad thing. But too often, I dilute the power of God so that the word of the cross is acceptable, and no longer "foolish" in appearance.

Legacy

I think about the legacy I would leave and the legacy that I would like to leave. I know with certainty that I do not want to be weak in conviction. I want to know what it means to fight and love like Jesus Christ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit