Calling 911 - Dealing with Fear


A Quick Tangent

First, to follow-up from my previous post, Moving On, here's a picture of what looks like a cup of coffee. This is actually a cup of 24 herb tea that my mom got me from Market Village in Markham. It's supposed to be a tea of awesome :) ... helping with immunity, health and stuff. In fact, I'm going to pour myself another cup!

This was after my morning Starbucks. Yes, I know. I'm supposed to be getting off from coffee by moving away from said drink and moving towards to bigger and better things. I'm working on it :) I had a Tall Bold today, instead of a Tall Pike (Mild). The websites show similar caffeine content, but I'm led to believe that the Bold has less caffeine - so I don't feel so bad!

Calling 911

Okay, back to the main topic - calling 911! This topic was inspired by a radio show en route to work (Pastor Jack Graham, PowerPoint Ministries).

In the program, Pastor Graham talked about how to deal with fear. And to do that, he references the 911 passage (i.e. Psalm 91:1).

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
The subsequent verses talk about how we do not need to fear because God is our protector. The Christian response to fear is to run into the presence of God.

I find this interesting because I have fears too! And seldom do I run to seek comfort from God. Often, I end up running away ("No fear!"), running to get help ("Mommy!"), or running towards my fears ("GeronimoooO!"). Either way, I always end up running. It never really occurred to me that I could run to God - that I would find refuge in His presence.

As our awe for God grows, our fears diminish. Now that is truly awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit