Battling Anxiety

When the cares of my heart are many,
your consolations cheer my soul.
Psalm 94:19

Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33


Life gets stressful. Stress can sometimes energize you. A healthy amount of it inspires creativity and productivity. However, stress can also be unhealthy, especially stress that is rooted in anxiety.

I find that when I am anxious, I become less fit. I am less capable of ...
... loving 
... working at my job
... running
... etc
to my fullest potential.

The Bible tells us that God is our ultimate comfort, no matter what anxious thoughts we have (Psalm 94:19). I heard someone say that Psalm 37:4 is the "Matthew 6:33" of the Old Testament. 

We are sometimes anxious / stressed because we do not get what we desire. The Bible encourages us to turn to God for our deepest longings. What do you desire right now?
... A relationship? Intimacy?
... High marks?
... Social acceptance?
... A new PR? (PR: Personal Record - fitness goal)
... More money?

You do not automatically get these desires fulfilled by seeking God first. However, what you do get is a rewiring of your own desires.... desires that align with his awesome plans for you ... desires with a promise of being fulfilled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit