Trip to Pop Eye's

(Left to Right: Omega 3, Accelerade Sports Drink, Multivitamin, and Green supplement)

After church, I was looking for a supplements store in hopes of replenishing my supply of Vega - especially the Whole Food Health Optimizer. Healthy Planet was closed at the time so I decided to drop into Pop Eye's.

Pop Eye's


When I first entered, I was quite unimpressed. Protein this, protein that. Super stack, explode your muscles, and be "awesome"! For those who do not yet know me, I want to keep my supplements as natural as possible, and as minimal as possible - getting most of my foods from whole foods.

I ended up walking out with 4 supplements. I'll give a brief description as to why I picked them up. I'd be interested in hearing your opinion too.
Omega 3's
Apparently they're essential for your body, maintaining good health and support cardiovascular health, and brain function, and blah blah blah. Anyways, I also heard they're good for recovery and joint health, so I'm hoping this will help me with my endurance training. 
Accelerade
Endorsed by Dean Karnazes himself (not sure if he still endorses it), this drink has a bit of protein to help with recovery. The price was reasonable and I just took it for a test jog and felt pretty good. 
Multivitamins 
If I could get it all from food, I would. But I have been feeling more tired lately and have been borrowing "energy credit" from coffee. I'm hoping this and the Green Supplement (below) will help me break from my dependence on coffee. 
Green stuff
In addition to helping me get natural energy, it has fiber to help with .... flow :) And helps keep my body alkaline -- which apparently is a good thing.
Excited!


So I am ready for a new day! Looking forward to redeem my energy :) I'm not set on quitting coffee just yet. At present, I would just like to hold coffee and smile (recently, I have been holding coffee, drinking it in desperation just to get through the day).

And of course, nothing beats the real deal :) Lunch below courtesy of my awesome mom :) And ... I believe this is paleo =)


Kudos to my friends at CrossFit Markham doing the Paleo Challenge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit